The following is from Katie Yee of trainingisascience.com
It sounds delicious.
We’re always saying how important breakfast is… and inevitably we hear, “What should I eat?” or “I don’t have time to eat breakfast” So this month we’re featuring a fantastic, fast recipe to get you started off right in the morning.
6 Egg Whites
1/4 cup oat bran
1/2 cup blueberries
Water (up to ¼ c.)
Part 1: Egg White Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray muffin tin with Pam
3. Pour 2 egg whites in a muffin tin.
4. Pour 2 other egg whites in a muffin tin
5. Makes 2 egg white muffins
6.You can add seasoning or diced vegetables to these as you like to jazz them up!
Part 2: Oat Bran Muffins:
1. In a small mixing bowl add 2 egg whites
2. Add in 1/4 cup oat bran
3. Mix in 1/2 cup blueberries (or chopped strawberries etc.)
4. Add in cinnamon, vanilla extract, and stevia to taste
5. Add water as needed to create batter consistency (a few tbsp up to ¼ c.)
6. Pour mixture into muffin tins
Part 3: Baking & Eating:
1. Bake for 15 minutes or until firm
2. Let cool for a few minutes
Don’t have time for the oven or access? No problem. Substitute a Tupperware container for muffin pan. Simply microwave your egg whites and oat bran muffin mixture for 3-5 minutes! Better yet, make them the night before to save yourself a few minutes in the morning!
Want to boost your muffins a bit? Throw in some nut butter for some healthy fat and more protein! (You can also experiment other variations with pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, banana, other berries or fruit, etc.)
Enjoy your breakfast!
(Calories and macros will be higher if you add in nut butter or other items)
Fat: 4.41 g
Protein: 37.48 g
Carbohydrates: 47.78 g