Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Sport of Fitness

So I was reading the Boston Herald today or the Bible as the Boston Irish call it and I saw an article on women training during pregnancy.

healthy pregnancy

 


Now let me say that I 100% agree that women should exercise while pregnant and fully support it as long as there are no complications with the pregnancy. We want them all to have a healthy pregnancy.


I also have trained quite a few ladies during and after their pregnancy with great success. How did I do this?
Research, training, communication with their doctors and common sense.

Women can exercise while pregnant and as long as they have been training, they do not have to make too many changes. If they are new to training it must be slow and low to see how they tolerate it. You never want to introduce new and high intensity exercise to a pregnant female with no history of training.

If they have been lifting for a long time and their body is accustomed to it they are fine for the 1st trimester, and you need to make some adjustments in the 2nd and 3rd.

The article I read  was about Crossfit. Yep, I'm at it again.

WOD


I'll say it one more time. There are good Crosffits and BAD ones. If you are going to one, make sure they know what they are doing.

Apparently, by their own admission, the one in the article does not. I was ready to blow my top when I read this statement::

"I get tons of questions and emails from women who are pregnant.I don't even know what to tell them."

 

Name redacted, although it was the OWNER and a coach of the Crossfit in question.

 

Really? You don't know what to tell them but you train them anyway? Do I really need to elaborate on this?

 

All of your clients should sprint away from your Box as their next WOD.

 

If you have any common sense you will figure out that your trainer or coach should know what they are doing and if you work out there and read this article you should leave now.

 

Maybe Reebok will smarten the fuck up soon and do something about all of the shitty coaches stealing people's money. 

 

If you really want to Crossfit at least finds one with good coaches. I know a few. I'd much rather you came to my gym, but it is America and you have choice. 

 

Make a smart one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be reviewed.