Search This Blog

Friday, October 7, 2011

As promised, training update.

OK, so here's the rundown on training this week:
Dr. Tiplady has informed me that since the bicep tear I can only do pushups  as my pressing movement. He's right because I tried to do other stuff and it caused horrible pain.
It seems that the past year or two, every time I start to get strong again something tears or breaks. Is it a programming issue or an "I'm old, beat up and probably shouldn't be doing this anymore issue:"

I don't know. I'm not going to stop doing this though.
Monday: Dynamic Lower Body Day
Safety Bar Box squats-


this was supposed to be 10x2 with 4 chains and  390 in bar weight. I could not get past my warmups and did 185 in bar weight for 10x 2. This caused pretty bad pain in the bicep so I didn't risk going any heavier.

Front Squats with Harness-225x1x8
Front Squat Harness



Back Raises with weight-a whole bunch
GHR Situps


  Wednesday-Max Effort Upper
 Pushups-10 reps x 8 sets
Left arm only Dumbell bench press 5 sets

Scap Depressions-whole stack a bunch of sets
Face Pulls/Push Downs/Tricep extensions-see above

Friday-Decided to drop Westside until the bicep is healed.
Power Runner -up to 8 plates for 10



Back Raises with weight-4 sets


Whole bunch of TRX stuff for abs like this

On a side note: Steve D hit a huge PR on the bench today-545.

I'll continue doing a modified workout trying to find stuff that can get me strong without involving my bicep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be reviewed.