Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Training and goals

OK, so around 7 months ago I decided to make a run at competing again.
I decided to give myself 1 year to really get strong.
I set some attainable goals, 1000 pound squat, 600 bench and a 650 deadlift. All I really care about is the squat. The other 2 are just fluff once I hit that.
It seems that the older I get the more injury prone I become. Training was going good all things considered (knee problems, shoulder problems.....) until about 3 months ago when I destroyed my right bicep in the shirt.
I've been having Nate work on it and it has been healing well, although my bench has suffered.  Once it started to feel good, what does a genius do? He lifts stones of course. I then quickly tore my other bicep.
So now my training has really stalled.
I'm doing all that I can to work around it and still plan on achieving my goals.
I am going to keep you posted with training updates because if I do this it will keep me honest and accountable.

Let's see what tomorrow training brings.

They get injured more too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be reviewed.