Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Been gone for a bit, but I'm back now.

I was out sick for a day last week, and I've been swamped with stuff every day. Literally not a minute to post anything.
I actually took a day off work. That almost never happens.
Anyway, here is my log for last week and this week:
Nov. 28th:
Front Squat with harness: It's my "8" week and I hate the 8 week.
I worked up to 195 for sets of 8 raw. I wasn't feeling it today.  I felt like I was coming down with something.
After the 8's I put the belt on and took 365. It was awful. Kevin and Steve told me I looked like a pussy and should do it again like a man.
No arguing from me. Next set, 365 balls deep and up fast like a man.
On to the Concept 2-last day of 1500 meters. I did it in 6:43. This was really easy and I recovered fast. My heart rate returned to normal in about a minute.
Things are looking up.

Nov. 30th:
I really felt like I was getting the Mongolian Death Flu, so I did my floor presses, and again, it was the 8 week. I worked up to 155 for 8's. This is the first time I have tried actual pressing since I tore the bicep. 155 was easy and had no pain.

I moved on to DB Overhead presses, and did 30's for 10. I used the Fatgripz to keep the bicep happy.
Tate presses next for tri's. I jumped up to a massive 35 pound dumbell. These are working pretty good. I am not really feeling any pain. I did a bunch of sets of 5.
Pulldowns were last. I kept it light, 140 for sets of 10. Pulldown abs and I called it a day. No rowing today.

Dec. 5th:
I took a few days off because I really had Mongolian Death Flu.
I did a lot of stretching and rolling, then 1750 meters on the Concept 2 in about 7:30.
This was a breeze.
I did some grip too.
Telegraph key, grippers and strap holds.

Dec. 7th:

A day that will live in infamy.
Why doesn't anyone talk about Dec. 7th anymore? It is truly a day that we should never forget.
If you don't know why, SHAME on you.
Learn the history of your own country.
Anyway, training:
It is my 5 week.
Floor press, up to 185 for 5 with NO PAIN.
Bandbell Bar bench: 16 kg's x 5 for a bunch. This was very wobbly but didn't hurt the bicep and I think it actually did some good.
Jane used the same weight as me for more reps. I'm such a pussy.
 
DB Overhead presses- 35's for 10 for 3 sets
Tate PResses -big jump to the massive 35's today.
All in all, things are getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be reviewed.