Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Training Update

So I dropped the ball last week and didn't update my training log.

 Don't worry, it was not spectacular.

Here is today's training and the new plan.
First off, the new plan is going to be somewhat like block periodization, but not exactly.
I'll be doing a lot of volume on lifts that don't hurt my bicep and I'll be going raw for the bulk of it.
I'll add a belt and maybe gear after the raw work is done to feel some weight. This is much like what I did for years until I turned into an old man and needed the gear to keep the pain away.
Going raw will build strength obviously, it will also teach patience and force perfect technique.
At some point I'll return to Westside training, but that is when I'm fully healed.

Today's training:
Front Squat with Harness  5 sets 8 reps raw up to 185. The weight felt like a feather but my lower back was too pumped up to do any more weight for 8.


I added a belt and did 3 singles blazingly fast at 225, 275 and 315.

Next I did a combo set of the top portion (leg curl) of the Glute Ham Raise and then did the bottom portion (back raise) separately. 4 sets

Then GHR situps with a mini band 3 sets

Lots of stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be reviewed.